- To pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone, you’ll need to download the Watch app, which is free in the App Store.
- Before you pair your Watch and iPhone, make sure that your iPhone is fully updated, and that both devices are compatible.
- Pairing your Apple Watch and iPhone will unlock all of the Watch’s features.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
So, you’ve taken the plunge and purchased your first Apple Watch.
Here’s how to get started.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone
Check your compatibility
First things first — make sure your watch is compatible with your iPhone model. Hopefully you did this before purchasing the Apple Watch, but if you didn’t, don’t open the box until you’ve verified this information.
Here’s a list explaining what Apple Watches work with which iPhones.
- Apple Watch First Generation is compatible with the iPhone 5 or later, running iOS 8.2 or later.
- Apple Watch Series 1 and Series 2 are compatible with the iPhone 5 or later, running iOS 10 or later.
- Apple Watch Series 3 has two models, one with a cellular plan like your phone (LTE) and one without (Non-LTE). If you buy a new version of either model, you’ll need an iPhone 6s or later, running iOS 13 or later. If you buy an old version from a few years ago, you might be able to use an iPhone 6, but it’s not guaranteed.
- Apple Watch Series 4 also has two models, with LTE being compatible with the iPhone 6 or later, and Non-LTE being compatible with iPhone 5s. Both need iOS 12 or later.
- Finally, the Apple Watch Series 5 needs an iPhone 6s or later, running iOS 13 or later.
Also, make sure your iPhone iOS is up to date. You can check what iOS you are running by going to Settings > General > About and scrolling down to see what “Version” you have.
Pair your Watch and iPhone using the Watch app
Source:: Business Insider